Eberspaecher’s AIRTRONIC Air HeatersEberspaecher’s air heaters are independent of both the engine and the vehicle’s own heat balance. They draw in either cool room air or outside air, heat this up and then deliver it to the interior of the vehicle. Air heaters are an excellent option for commercial vehicles of every type.
Eberspaecher’s HYDRONIC Coolant Heaters
Eberspaecher’s coolant heaters work independently of the engine and thus offer a double plus: preheating the vehicle’s passenger compartment as well as the engine. The heaters are integrated into the cooling system of the engine. The thermal energy gained is then distributed through the vehicle’s own heat exchanger as forced hot air and this heats the interior of the vehicle via existing air vents. The engine is warmed up with the residual heat in the cooling water.
The Heaters for Commercial and Industrial Applications
Eberspaecher Air and Coolant heater kits can be customized to suit your specific needs. From units that are boxed for protection to controllers that can provide flexibility to your operation! These heaters are Bio Diesel Compatible and available in both 12 or 24 volts.
- Eliminate cold engine starts
- Reduce idling fuel cost
- Engine and fluid preheating
- Cab and compartment heating
- Minimize diesel exhaust emission
- Defrosted windows
- Crew shelter
- Automatic altitude adjustment
- CARB approved / EPA verified
Different Configurations for Different Applications
AIRTRONIC D2, B4, D4, B5, D5, D8 and Echo8 Air Heaters
AIRTRONIC units range from 2 kW / 7,500 BTUs to 5 kW / 18,800 BTUs and are available with our Digi-controller, which has an internal ambient air temperature sensor for precise compartment heating. This makes it compact for a variety of location mounts.
HYDRONIC B, D, M & L Series Coolant Heaters
The Hydronics range from 12 kW/42,000 BTUs up to 35 kW/120,000 BTUs in a boxed configuration. These units have an automatic altitude compensation and are available in 12 or 24-volt models and come with accessories such as a spark arrestor. They are compact for a variety of location mounts. The M Series has multiple speeds that reduce amp draw in lower ranges.
- Indicates on-board diagnostics capability
- 7 Day-Timers*
- Programmable Timer
- Push/Pull Switch
- Auto Shut-Off Switch
Easy to Operate
Eberspaecher heaters operate as miniature furnaces that are independent of the engine, utilizing the unit’s own diesel and batteries to produce heat.
Hydronic units heat the coolant, then circulate it to warm the engine and heat exchangers to near operating temp and can be sized to provide auxiliary heat for other critical fluids. Eberspaecher air heaters heat air directly and circulate air to applicable compartments.
AIRTRONIC heaters can provide ample heat to the cab, mobile work stations, crew shelters, etc., all without idling the engine.
Using timer controls, heaters can be switched on to begin engine preheating at preset intervals, allowing operators to go directly to work upon arrival.
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspaecher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of Espar products to the truck, bus, marine, automotive/pick-ups, off-highway, forestry, mining and military markets. See our Blog ATCNEWS for Technical News and Preventative Maintenance Tips and for more information on these and other heating products, call us today at 1-800-295-4156.
Espar Hydronic heaters are integrated into the cooling system of the engine and work independently of the engine, thus offers pre-heating of the engine and the vehicle’s passenger compartment. The thermal energy gained is then distributed through the vehicle’s own heat exchanger as forced hot air which heats the interior of the vehicle via existing air vents. The engine is warmed up with the residual heat in the cooling water.
Pre-Season Preventative Maintenance For Hydronic Heaters
Before the cold weather arrives, it’s recommended that your Espar HYDRONIC heaters receive a preseason check to ensure the heater is clean, free running and ready for a trouble-free season. Please use the recommended tools and follow the procedures as outlined in the heater manual while removing and reinstalling the different heater components.The heaters should be inspected and repaired by an Espar trained Technician, as follows:
1. Check all electrical connections from the heater to the batteries. Check for wear and abrasion along the length of the harnesses. Repair or replace the harness whenever the harness insulation is broken or damaged. Check the battery connections. Clean any corrosion at the terminals. Replace the battery terminals if the corrosion is severe. Check the fuse for corrosion and the correct rating.
2. Check all clamps and hoses. Replace as required.
3. Check the condition of the exhaust system. Check for holes and breaks in the exhaust piping. Replace the exhaust as necessary.
4. Check the fuel pump filter ‐ clean or replace it as necessary. For heaters with external fuel pumps, ensure that the mounting angle of the fuel pump is in between 15‐35o. An incorrectly mounted fuel pump may lead to excessive carbon issues. Check the fuel lines for possible leaks, loose clamps, etc. Once the entire fuel system has been checked and issues, if any, are corrected, it is advisable to do a fuel quantity check.
5. Check and clear clogged weep holes on the side of the heater body. Look for any indication of coolant leakages. If leakage is suspected then remove the cover with water pump assembly and inspect and replace “O” rings on the water pump housing. Closely inspect the heater waterjacket for leakages and replace the “O” ring between waterjacket and heat exchanger. If the waterjacket is cracked, replace it.
6. Remove and replace the glow pin screen. Make sure that the new screen is installed correctly as outlined in the repair manual for the heater.
7. Remove and check the glow pin. If it shows signs of dissimilar colour or if the glow pin is in any way distorted, replace it.
8. The coolant pump should be removed and the impeller checked for damage. Any dirt or metal particles on the impeller magnet should be removed and the cavity in the pump should also be cleaned. Please Note: coolant pumps are not covered by warranty if the vehicle’s coolant system is excessively contaminated. Refer to Technical Circular 250.
9. Remove the flame tube and check the condition of the flame tube end. The flame tube should be light brown in colour with no excessive carbon at the end of the flame tube. Check for carbon build up on the burner “nose” at the cold end of the flame tube. Any carbon covering the air slots should be removed. Check the inside of the heat exchanger and scrape any loose carbon out from between the fins in the heat exchanger. Re‐install the flame tube replacing all gaskets.
10. Re‐assemble the heater and test operation. The heater should be bench tested for 15‐20 minutes before returning it to the vehicle.
11. Regardless of the season, run the heater every month for a minimum period of 15 minutes. This will help the heater burn away any combustion residue in the burner chamber and prevent corrosion in the waterjacket and decay of “O” rings.
Preventative Maintenance procedures – see below to ensure all your Eberspaecher heaters perform as expected.
Airtronic Heaters Preventative Maintenance
Carbon Build up – How to check and remove
Arctic Traveler Canada is an MSD (Master Distributor) for Eberspaecher productsand a technical leader actively involved in projects driving the mobility of tomorrow. Call 1-800-295-4156 for more information about mobile heating solutions.
Espar Hydronic coolant heatersOffering affordable preheating of engine, fuel, and hydraulic systems as well as supplemental cab heating without idling the vehicle. They provide affordable heating solutions for trucks, off-road equipment, boats and buses.
Hydronic S3 – The newest and most compact heater on the market that satisfies the latest requirements of all vehicle segments. Its compact dimensions and fantastic flexibility during installation are truly impressive. To learn more about this little marvel, watch the Introduction & Technical overview videos on our Youtube channel, ATCTV.
Hyrdronic D5 Series offers affordable preheating of engine, fuel, and hydraulic systems as well as supplemental cab heating without idling the vehicle. Units function like hot water furnaces, utilizing the vehicle’s own fuel and power supply to produce heat. The heater’s coolant pump then circulates the engine’s coolant to transfer the heat to the engine block. Applications include: trucks, off-highway equipment, boats, and buses. Units are easy to install and do not require electrical plug-ins.
Hydronic M-II series is powerful, compact, lightweight, and rugged in design. This series of heaters are ideal for providing engine, fuel, and hydraulic preheat for off-highway equipment as well as engine and supplemental cabin heat for motorcoachs and school buses. They are available in 1 size with 4 power levels and are diesel or bio-diesel compatible.
Hydronic L-II series is available in 1 size with 4 power levels for the largest coaches, boats and off-road engines. These heaters provide engine, fuel and hydraulic preheat and can be incorporated into a coaches heating system to provide supplemental heat These large HYDRONIC pre-heaters can be boxed for protection against the elements and offer innovative amp management solutions utilizing our multifunction switch.
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspaecher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of Airtronic and Hydronic heaters, the most comprehensive range of fuel operated air and coolant heater products available in today’s marketplace. Call 1-800-295-4156 for more information.
Eastern Canada’s largest MSD wants to make this your best ESPAR season ever!
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspaacher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of Airtronic and Hydronic Heaters. Eberspaecher has the most comprehensive range of fuel operated air and coolant heater products available in today’s marketplace.
Espar Airtronic and Hydronic Heaters
AIRTRONIC Air Heaters
Eberspaecher’s air heaters are independent of both the engine and of the vehicle’s own heat balance. They draw in cool room or outside air, heat this up and then deliver it to the interior of the vehicle. Air heaters are an excellent solution for commercial vehicles of every type.
HYDRONIC Coolant Heaters
Eberspaecher’s coolant heaters work independently of the engine and thus offer a double plus: pre-heating the vehicle’s passenger compartment and the engine. The heaters are integrated into the cooling system of the engine. The thermal energy gained is then distributed through the vehicle’s own heat exchanger as forced hot air and this heats the interior of the vehicle via existing air vents. The engine is warmed up with the residual heat in the cooling water.
In case you don’t already know about Arctic Traveler Canada’s enviable history with Eberspaecher, we’d like to tell you a little about who we are:
- For over ten years, ATC has provided full warehousing, distribution service and sales support to Espar for all heaters across Eastern Canada.
- ATC provides our own engineering team for when customer needs deviate from the norm.
- ATC maintains three warehouses – Mississauga, Montreal and Burlington (HQ). This ensures fast delivery of heaters and/or replacement parts & service.
- ATC offers complete service, diagnostics and heater repair at all our locations and we also have our own Espar trained technicians who can assist you at your location.
- ATC facilitates full Espar warranty support for every heater we sell, from a simple warranty claim to training your staff on how to process claims directly with Espar.
- ATC provides OEM style installs on chassis not factory equipped with heaters. This includes Espar’s full two year/2000 hour warranty on the heater.
Need an Espar heating solution for your Application?
Whether you need one heater or a skid load, replacement parts or technical support on any Espar Airtronic and Hydronic Heater, contact us.
We look forward to showing you how our 50+ years of experience can add value to your company’s bottom line!
Arctic Traveler Canada, the mobile climate control specialist – Call 1-800-295-4156 for more information or visit us here.