Espar Hydronic coolant heaters offer affordable preheating of engine, fuel, and hydraulic systems as well as supplemental cab heating without idling the vehicle. They provide affordable heating solutions for trucks, off-road equipment, boats and buses.
Hydronic S3 – The newest and most compact heater on the market that satisfies the latest requirements of all vehicle segments. Its compact dimensions and fantastic flexibility during installation are truly impressive. To learn more about this little marvel, watch the Introduction & Technical overview videos on our Youtube channel, ATCTV.
Hyrdronic D5 Series offers affordable preheating of engine, fuel, and hydraulic systems as well as supplemental cab heating without idling the vehicle. Units function like hot water furnaces, utilizing the vehicle’s own fuel and power supply to produce heat. The heater’s coolant pump then circulates the engine’s coolant to transfer the heat to the engine block. Applications include: trucks, off-highway equipment, boats, and buses. Units are easy to install and do not require electrical plug-ins.
Hydronic M-II series is powerful, compact, lightweight, and rugged in design. This series of heaters are ideal for providing engine, fuel, and hydraulic preheat for off-highway equipment as well as engine and supplemental cabin heat for motorcoachs and school buses. They are available in 1 size with 4 power levels and are diesel or bio-diesel compatible.
Hydronic L-II series is available in 1 size with 4 power levels for the largest coaches, boats and off-road engines. These heaters provide engine, fuel and hydraulic preheat and can be incorporated into a coaches heating system to provide supplemental heat These large HYDRONIC pre-heaters can be boxed for protection against the elements and offer innovative amp management solutions utilizing our multifunction switch.
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspacher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of Airtronic and Hydronic heaters, the most comprehensive range of fuel operated air and coolant heater products available in today’s marketplace.
Eastern Canada’s largest MSD wants to make this your best ESPAR season ever!
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspacher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of Airtronic and Hydronic heaters. Eberspaecher has the most comprehensive range of fuel operated air and coolant heater products available in today’s marketplace.
Espar Airtronic and Hydronic Heaters
AIRTRONIC Air Heaters
Eberspaecher’s air heaters are independent of both the engine and of the vehicle’s own heat balance. They draw in cool room or outside air, heat this up and then deliver it to the interior of the vehicle. Air heaters are an excellent solution for commercial vehicles of every type.
HYDRONIC Coolant Heaters
Eberspaecher’s coolant heaters work independently of the engine and thus offer a double plus: pre-heating the vehicle’s passenger compartment and the engine. The heaters are integrated in the cooling system of the engine. The thermal energy gained is then distributed through the vehicle’s own heat exchanger as forced hot air and this heats the interior of the vehicle via existing air vents. The engine is warmed up with the residual heat in the cooling water.
In case you don’t already know about Arctic Traveler Canada’s enviable history with Eberspaecher, we’d like to tell you a little about who we are:
- For over ten years ATC has provided full warehousing, distribution, service and sales support to Espar for all heaters across Eastern Canada.
- ATC provides our own engineering team for when customers needs deviate from the norm.
- ATC maintains three warehouses, Mississauga, Montreal and Burlington (HQ), to provide fast delivery of heaters and/or replacement parts & service.
- ATC offers full complete service, diagnostics and heater repair at all our locations and even have our own Espar trained technicians who can assist at your location.
- ATC facilitates full Espar warranty support for every heater we sell, from a simple warranty claim to training your staff how to process claims directly with Espar.
- ATC provides OEM style installs on chassis not factory equipped with heaters, this includes Espar’s full two year/2000 hour warranty on the heater.
Need an Espar heating solution for your Application?
Whether you need one heater or a skid load, replacement parts or technical support on any Espar Airtronic and Hydronic Heater, contact us.
We look forward to showing you how our 50+ years of experience can add value to your company’s bottom line!
Arctic Traveler Canada, the mobile climate control specialist – Call 1-800-295-4156 for more information or visit us here.
Espar Hydronic Heaters
Espar Hydronic heaters are integrated in the cooling system of the engine and work independently of the engine, thus offers pre-heating of the engine and the vehicle’s passenger compartment. The thermal energy gained is then distributed through the vehicle’s own heat exchanger as forced hot air and this heats the interior of the vehicle via existing air vents. The engine is warmed up with the residual heat in the cooling water.
Pre-Season Preventative Maintenance For Hydronic Heaters
Before the cold weather arrives, it’s recommended that your Espar HYDRONIC heaters receive a preseason check to ensure the heater is clean, free running and ready for a trouble free season. Please use the recommended tools and follow the procedures as outlined in the heater manual while removing and reinstalling the different heater components.
The heaters should be inspected and repaired by an Espar trained Technician, as follows:
1. Check all electrical connections from the heater to the batteries. Check for wear and abrasion along the length of the harnesses. Repair or replace the harness whenever the harness insulation is broken or damaged. Check the battery connections. Clean any corrosion at the terminals. Replace the battery terminals if the corrosion is severe. Check the fuse for corrosion and the correct rating.
2. Check all clamps and hoses. Replace as required.
3. Check the condition of the exhaust system. Check for holes and breaks in the exhaust piping. Replace the exhaust as necessary.
4. Check the fuel pump filter ‐ clean or replace as necessary. For heaters with external fuel pumps, ensure mounting angle of the fuel pump is in between 15‐35o. An incorrectly mounted fuel pump may lead to excessive carbon issues. Check the fuel lines for possible leaks, loose clamps, etc. Once the entire fuel system has been checked and any issues corrected, it is advisable to do a fuel quantity check.
5. Check and clear clogged weep holes on the side of the heater body. Look for any indication of coolant leakages. If leakage is suspected then remove cover with water pump assembly and inspect and replace “O” rings on water pump housing. Closely inspect the heater waterjacket for leakages and replace “O” ring between waterjacket and heat exchanger. If the waterjacket is cracked, replace it.
6. Remove and replace the glow pin screen. Make sure that the new screen is installed correctly as outlined in the repair manual for the heater.
7. Remove and check the glow pin. If it shows signs of dissimilar color or if the glow pin is in any way distorted, replace it.
8. The coolant pump should be removed and the impeller checked for damage. Any dirt or metal particles on the impeller magnet should be removed and the cavity in the pump should also be cleaned. Please Note: coolant pumps are not covered by warranty if the vehicle’s coolant system is excessively contaminated. Refer to Technical Circular 250.
9. Remove the flame tube and check the condition of the flame tube end. The flame tube should be light brown in color with no excessive carbon on the end of the flame tube. Check for carbon build up on the burner “nose” at the cold end of the flame tube. Any carbon covering the air slots should be removed. Check the inside of the heat exchanger and scrape any loose carbon out from between the fins in the heat exchanger. Re‐install the flame tube replacing all gaskets.
10. Re‐assemble the heater and test operation. The heater should be bench tested for 15‐20 minutes before returning the heater to the vehicle.
11. Regardless of the season, run the heater every month for a minimum period of 15 minutes. This will help the heater to burn away any combustion residue in the burner chamber and prevent corrosion in the waterjacket and decay of “O”rings
Arctic Traveler Canada is a MSD (Master Distributor) for Eberspaecher products and a technical leader actively involved in projects driving the mobility of tomorrow. Call 1-800-295-4156 for more information about mobile heating solutions.
Arctic Traveler Canada is a manufacturer and master distributor for a wide range of industry leading mobile heating solutions for every application.
Designed to perform and engineered to improve operator comfort, productivity and reduce maintenance costs, we have a solution to suite your needs.
From 16-65,000 BTU’s, our Cabin, Headliner and Rooftop AC and heaters will supplement your Gas or Diesel needs and provide hours of comfort.
|Airtronic series – From the smallest on the market D2 to the 27,300 BTU’s D8, ESPAR uses innovative heating technology to provide great comfort and warmth for every application, with pleasant temperatures prevailing on cabin entry.
Hydronic series – 7,170-17,755 BTU – Fuel-powered water heater used to heat the cabin and or the engine and to de-ice the windows (defrost). The heater’s compact design, with its integrated water pump and fuel metering pump (in the diesel version), saves time when installing the heater.
RedDOT Heaters. The most Versatile and maintenance free
|R250 series 16-30 BTU’s – Round tube and fin design allows heater mounting in any position, using multi-position leg brackets or flush mount frame. The compact size, simple plumbing and high output are ideal in any application.
R290 & R295- Single or Double Blower – 20-35,000 BTU’s – The big brother of the pair with two high performance three-speed motor blower assemblies, delivers where it’s needed most.
R3500– 49,000 BTU’s – This crew cab heater was designed to be able to heat larger cabs in extreme conditions. Its low profile and heavy duty construction allows for use in various applications.
ATC Heaters – Versatile and maintenance free
|892059 – 27,000 BTU’s , 892041 – 40,000 BTU’s, 892002 – 65,000 BTU’s|
Available in 12V & 24V, these auxiliary heaters are designed to heat larger cabs in extreme conditions. With a high performance 3 speed blower assembly, compact size, simple plumbing, heavy duty construction and high output, these heaters deliver where it counts and are ideal in any application.
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is dedicated to heating, cooling or refrigerating mobile equipment. We’re specialists in mobile climate control and distribute industry leading products as well as design and manufacture custom products for unique applications. Call us today at 1-800-295-4156 to discuss your mobile HVAC needs.
Eberspaecher, the leading system developer and supplier of vehicle heaters, is expanding its product portfolio with the new Hydronic heater, the S3 Economy (5kW) pre-heater. The water heater impresses thanks to its compact dimensions and flexible installation options for simple retrofitting in a large number of vehicle models. As a ground-breaking all-in-one solution with comprehensive peripheral devices, it offers installation partners many practical advantages. With the new EasyScan, diagnostic and service tool, workshop staff can analyze the operating condition of the pre-heater easily and quickly.
• Compact, efficient water heater • Innovative peripheral devices and new diagnostic device • Simplified installation • CARB approved
Compact and robust water heater for simple installation
With the third generation of its Hydronic heaters, Eberspaecher is offering an easy-to-operate preheater with stepless heating power control. The coolant or hydronic heater works efficiently with all popular types of fuel. Due to its robust construction – with an encapsulated fan motor and the separation of cold and hot components – it is designed for longevity. A high IP protection class also secures the unit from the ingress of water during high-pressure or steam jet cleaning. The new water spigots are fully rotatable by 360 degrees and are fully replaceable, they ensure convenient and rapid fitting in a range of installation positions. Optimized brackets enable the pre-heater to be mounted anywhere in the smallest possible space and to be attached rapidly and permanently.
Click here to see how the Hydronic S3 works
Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC) is proud to be an Eberspacher Master Stocking Distributor (MSD) and offers the complete range of products. Eberspaecher has the most comprehensive range of fuel operated air and coolant heater products available in today’s marketplace with affordable heating solutions for on & off-road equipment, small trucks, forestry, mining, military and so much more. Offering close attention to detail and technical design, Eberspacher leads the industry in Excellence in Supporting Product Applications and Reliability.
For more info call 1-800-295-4156 our CSR’s are waiting to help or visit our website. Arctic Traveler Canada (ATC), specialist in mobile climate control.